October 24, 2014

'Stablemates' Transcription

Alfonso from Italy has send me a very comprehensive transcription of Kurts solo over the Benny Golson standard "Stable Mates". He writes:
I’m sending my Stablemates Kurt solo transcription from Tuscia Jazz 2014 concert.

The solo lines are really complex and intricate, I would like that you post this transcription in order to share with other people to try to understand something more about harmonic solution and choice of notes.

I hope that we can analyze and decrypt some Kurt secrets…
The solo takes up an impressive six pages in the PDF file (nice job Alfonso), and Alfonso even included the .GPX file.

- Download .PDF
- Download .GPX


The transcription starts at about 45:00 at this link: http://youtu.be/2i7IuiIRUZ8?t=45m4s

3 comments:

  1. it says that a password is needed to get to the PDF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jseaberry -> Thanks for the heads up. It's now fixed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!!!! I just LOVE having something to work on that I can play in about 100 years!!! Thanks, Mads!!!

    ReplyDelete